David Chalmers Photography Ltd take the security of your privacy very seriously. This document outlines how we collect and use your data, and gives you information about your rights. It is a key requirement of General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR] that we use your data in a transparent manner.
WHO ARE WE?
[We] David Chalmers Photography Ltd are based in the UK. Our website www.davidchalmersphotography.com is run by David and Angela Chalmers [Directors]
Registered address: Woodend, The Crescent, Scarborough, England, YO11 2PW.
Company number 07530969
GETTING IN TOUCH WITH US
It is an importatnt requirement of General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR] that you know how to get in touch with us. If you have any general question about the site, or you’d like more information on what we do, then contact us at this address or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
David Chalmers Photography does not automatically capture and store any personal information about the individuals who access its website or web pages, unless this information is explicitly volunteered by the visitor. You can use our website without giving us any personal information and we won’t know who you are. We respect the privacy of every individual who visits this website and are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We only collect personal data when you actively opt-in to receive marketing communications. There are a number of ways in which we may collect information about you:
- When you visit our website and use our online contact form
- When you engage with us on social media
- Subscribe to our Newsletter using a MailChimp form.
- For the purposes of legitimate interest, we may ask you to give us your name, [or a contact name for your company] address, email address, telephone number.
If your preference is contact by e-mail, we will send you a-verification e-mail. If you don’t respond within two weeks then your e-mail is removed from our database. If you do respond, and verify your e-mail, then we start the process of sending you occasional newsletters and special offers.
Should you at any time want to opt-out of the e-mails you receive from us then you can do so in one of two ways:
- Click on the unsubscribe button that is at the bottom of every MailChimp email we send you.
- E-mail us and ask to be unsubscribed at: email@example.com
In both cases we will remove you from our e-mail list, and remove any data that we hold about you.
YOUR RIGHTS RELATING TO PERSONAL DATA
We have summarised the rights you have under GDPR, and the obligations we will meet. As you will see, you can request us to do several different things with your data: if you do this, then we must act on your request within 28 days of that request.
- You have the right to ask for your data to be deleted or corrected.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing your data.
- You have the right to stop receiving marketing from us.
- If you think some of the data we hold about you is wrong, or incorrect, you can ask that we correct that data.
- You have the right to access your personal data (to ask us what information we hold about you) We will send this to you in an e-mail file – but please note that we may need to verify your identity before we send such data. In this case our DPO would contact you to obtain any necessary information.
- It may be that you are unsure whether you are on our e-mail list. If you would like clarification on this, then e-mail us on the address above.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR DATA
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR)
- We may occasionally send promotional emails about a new service, special offer or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address, which you have provided.
- Provide and manage your access to Our Site.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Responding to communications from you.
- Internal record keeping on secure servers.
SHARING YOUR DATA
We will not send you any spam or share your personal information with anyone for their marketing purposes. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligation under the GDPR.
We only store your data for as long as is needed and/ or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it or upon request of deletion.
It is possible that some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European union (“EU”). You are deemed to accept and to agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to us. If we do store or transfer data outside the EU we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EU and under the GDPR.
THE DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
We do this by using “cookies” A cookie is a very small piece of information that a website stores to save and collect basic information. Many cookies are essential to the operation of our website, for example the next time you visit your browsing experience will be more efficient and faster. The cookies on Our Site are safe and don’t store any personal information by which users can be identified.
COOKIES SET BY THIRD PARTIES
These are cookies served by a third party service provider and are usually used to identify your computer when it visits another website, for example, when you log in to a social media site to share an article. We do not control the setting of cookies by third parties. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
In an attempt to provide increased interest to our visitors, we may link to sites operated by third parties. However, even if the third party is affiliated with David Chalmers Photography, we have no control over these linked sites, all of which have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of David Chalmers Photography. These linked sites are only for your convenience and therefore you access them at your own risk. [We] David Chalmers Photography seek to protect the integrity of our web site and the links placed upon it and therefore request any feedback on not only its own site, but for sites it links to as well (including if a specific link does not work).
You can learn about cookies here: cookiesandyou.com/
Like the vast majority of companies and organisations, we use an external company to send our marketing e-mails and monitor the resulting data. We use MailChimp: you can find out more about them by clicking on this link: mailchimp.com/about
HOW DOES THE RELATIONSHIP WITH MAILCHIMP WORK?
Once someone has signed up to our e-mails their address is stored – very securely – with MailChimp. By using MailChimp, we can monitor opening rates, your location when opening them and whether you click on any the links. In every MailChimp email we send, we give you the option to unsubscribe from future e-mails and newsletters.
With the best will in the world, mistakes occasionally happen. If you ever want to complain about the way in which we have handled your data then please contact us with your complaint. You can also contact us if you need the above rights clarifying or explaining in more detail.
The GDPR regulations are complicated. We’ve done our best to simplify them, and make them as readable as possible. But if you still have questions now you have read the above, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We take our obligations regarding your data very seriously, and – regulations or no regulations – we will continue to do our utmost to protect that data.
The [David Chalmers Photography] team